Standing Room Only crowds enjoyed Alice in Wonderland
Burns It Up presented their second production – Alice in Wonderland – on January 28, 29 and 30, 2011 at Center Pointe Dance Black Box Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona to rave reviews from hundreds of people in the sold out, standing room only performances. 17 talented East Valley actors and actresses ranging in age from 8 to 16 told this unique, creative and amusing rendition of the classic children’s story. Shoes donated to Haiti earthquake victims were collected at each performance and are now on their way to Haiti.
Parents, grandparents, and kids of all ages enjoyed the shows and provided amazing feedback including:
- “Awesome show! Karen Burns always produces quirky, hilarious renditions of stories we already know by heart. I’m so glad I made the time to come!” Abby Stewart-Reinoso, Mesa
- “The best Burns it Up production yet!” Carrie Duke, Ahwatukee
- “The Queen was hilarious!” Madi
- “The Cheshire Cat had a fur ball! Kalin G., Ahwatukee
- “The Queen brought me up on stage to be a wicket in the croquet match!” Bella G., Chandler
- “The entire cast and crew were wonderful… and a HUGE thank you to Karen Burns for her tireless dedication to our kids as well as her endless devotion to helping others and sharing her amazing talents with us all!” Claire Robertin, Ahwatukee (Cheshire Cat’s mother)
Alice in Wonderland was a resounding success. We look forward to our next production and the ongoing classes at Center Pointe Dance in Ahwatukee.
See more photos in our Facebook Photo Album!
Alice in Wonderland Pictures to Benefit Susan G. Komen
From Nathan Nitzky, our fabulous photographer from Beauty Is a Beast and Alice in Wonderland:
I have joined a team walking in the 3-day breast cancer walk this November in honor of a friend and colleague who is fighting breast cancer, as well as for my sister who is a breast cancer survivor. In order to do so I need to raise a minimum of $2300. I thought one way to raise funds would be to donate 100% of the proceeds of sales of photos on my website between now and Sept. 30th to the organization. If you could help me by getting the word out to the parents of the kids in your productions that I’ve photographed, perhaps I could generate some donations. I will donate 100% of the profit from sales of any photo on my pages, including theater photos and any of my birds or wildlife photos.
The main page is http://nnitzky.smugmug.com
If you know anyone who wants to donate but prefers to do it directly for the tax benefits (obviously I am not a charitable organization so I can’t give out tax receipts- I can only offer the benefit of having photos of the parents’ kids for memories and the promise that any profits will go to a good cause), they can donate through This Site and search for me “Nathan Nitzky” or the team I am on “Marciano”
Thanks for your help in getting the word out!